Make Your Home at the Sun Valley Ski Academy
Sun Valley Ski Academy’s boarding program offers committed snow sport athletes the opportunity to live within minutes of unparalleled snow sport venues while pursuing a college-preparatory education at one of the country’s finest independent schools.
The SVSA boarding program is the ideal home base for snow sport athletes.
When you choose to become a boarding student with SVSA, you are choosing:
- To move into the 25,000 square-foot Rufus M. Brown Hall, completed in 2017, which boasts not only comfortable, spacious student suites with common living areas and en-suite bathrooms, but the state-of-the-art Julia Argyros Training Center, wax room, and ski storage in the same building;
- To call the vibrant mountain town of Ketchum, Idaho home;
- To live within ten minutes of alpine, cross country, mogul, and park and pipe venues;
- To sit down to delicious, regionally-sourced, nutritious meals prepared with the needs of athletes in mind;
- To benefit from an on-site Academic Coordinator who, together with Community School’s faculty, can help you balance school and skiing;
- To join a residential community of students from around the country and around the world similarly committed to pursuing their passions.
Nancy Parsons Brown oversees all aspects of student life for boarding students at the Ketchum Campus Residence Hall. Nancy is a long-time Wood River Valley resident and outdoor enthusiast.
In addition to her role as Director of Residential Life, Nancy, who holds a BA from the University of Colorado, Boulder and her Masters in teaching from Graceland University, teaches Middle School French at Community School.
Nancy is also a hockey player, alpine and cross country skier, and long-distance runner. Her goal is to make the Residence Hall a warm, safe, and encouraging place that allows students to feel at home. She and husband David Brown are parents to three Community School alums.
The school provides a lot of opportunities for so many interests—from skiing to outdoor adventures to the arts, there are so many things going on.Cailin '19, SVSA Alpine Athlete
As an SVSA athlete, you will:
Find meaningful academic challenge at Community School;
Train as a member of Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, benefitting from a world-class coaching staff and superior and varied training conditions;
Have flexibility and support to pursue intensive training and competition schedules;
Participate in Community School’s signature Outdoor Program, exploring the landscape of the West through trips that make the most of the area’s stunning wilderness areas and connect you with your school community.