Apply to Sun Valley Ski Academy and See your Dreams Take Flight
Sun Valley Ski Academy seeks applicants who will contribute in a positive way to the life of Sun Valley Community School and SVSA and who will benefit significantly from the unique environment we provide. The goal of the Admission Committee is to find the right match between the applicant and the school; we consider the following factors when reviewing applications:
- The ability and desire of the applicant and his or her family to support the mission and philosophy of the program;
- Academic transcripts, teacher evaluations, standardized testing, classroom visits and developmental assessments;
- Personal interests and talents;
- Qualities of character, motivation, and attitude.
- A mutual understanding between Sun Valley Community School and the applicant’s family of the educational goals for the applicant.
For more information, contact Program Director Jonna Mendes via phone at 208.720.0512 or email.
Do you think the Sun Valley Ski Academy might be right for you? The best way to find out is to come and tour.
We strongly encourage student-athletes interested in attending the Sun Valley Ski Academy as a day or as a boarding student to plan a tour. A visit will include the opportunity to:
- Tour Sun Valley Community School’s Trail Creek Campus;
- Attend classes;
- Visit with Community School’s Head of School, Upper School Head, and Sun Valley Ski Academy Program Director.
- Tour Rufus M. Brown Hall Residential Hall, which includes the dorm, the SVSA wax room, and the Athletes’ Training Center;
- Time on the mountain or on Nordic trails (winter season) with coaches and team members.
As an SVSA athlete, you will:
Find meaningful academic challenge at Community School;
Train as a member of Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, benefitting from a world-class coaching staff and superior and varied training conditions;
Have flexibility and support to pursue intensive training and competition schedules;
Participate in Sun Valley Community School’s signature Outdoor Program, exploring the landscape of the West through trips that make the most of the area’s stunning wilderness areas and connect you with your school community.
When I came and toured, I felt really comfortable. People are really friendly and you get a real feel for how everyone actually acts—people are genuine here.Sophia '19, SVSA Cross Country Athlete