Pursue Your Passion with Purpose
At Sun Valley Ski Academy, ninth grade through postgraduate day and boarding student-athletes are supported to reach their highest potential academically and in snow sport competition, while also benefiting from a renowned Outdoor Program and extracurricular activities.
At Sun Valley Ski Academy, you will:
- Find meaningful academic challenge at Community School;
- Train as a member of Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, benefitting from the proven coaching power of a USSA Gold Certified Club, one of only 19 in the nation;
- Have the flexibility and support to pursue intensive training and competition schedules that (might, could, will) take you all over the nation and world;
- Participate in Community School’s signature Outdoor Program, exploring the landscape of the West through trips that make the most of the area’s stunning wilderness areas and connect you with your school community.
As an SVSA Student-athlete, You’ll Be Supported By:
- A designated academic tutor who travels alongside you to competitions several times throughout the year;
- A summer-term session that allows for student-athletes to complete academic requirements and thereby reduce their course load in the winter term
- Shorter academic days during the winter term, allowing for morning and/or afternoon on-snow training, depending on your age and discipline;
- Faculty members who understand the challenges skiers and snowboarders encounter during the competitive season and are committed to supporting your passion.
Sun Valley Ski Academy was founded in 2011 through a partnership between Community School and the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation. Both organizations have been established and successful in the Wood River Valley for over four decades.
Academics, boarding facilities, and school sports are provided by Community School, while skiing and snowboarding is managed by the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation.
If you like to ski and you like the outdoors, this is your place. SVSA is about so much more than skiing—it has so much more to offer. We have great snow, great support, and world-class training venues.Bennett '19, SVSA Alpine Athlete