Middle School Summer Programs
Summer Skills and Savvy
Whether they’re seeking academic enrichment, outdoor adventure, or anything in between, Middle School students find the right fit at Sun Valley Community School’s Summer Program.
Middle School students can strengthen skills, enrich their understanding, engage in new experiences, and make new friends through Summer Program offerings that honor their unique stage of development.
Our wide range of classes and camps provide Middle School students the chance to both explore and to dig deep; they might create a portfolio of visual art, explore topics in math and science, build study skills for success in high school, learn to kayak, or improve rock climbing skills.
2019 Summer Program planning is currently underway. Please check back for updates.
Learn rock craft with the pros. Spend four days at the world famous City of Rocks National Reserve learning the skills you need to go beyond top-roping to multi-pitch and lead climbing. We will meet at Community School at 7 a.m. on Monday, July 9 and return by 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 12. Open to ages 12-18.
- Dates: July 9-12
- $550 (includes all climbing gear, food, transportation, instruction and supervision)
- For additional information, please contact Rob Landis at the Community School (208.622.3960, ext. 121)
White Otter Outdoor Adventures invites you to spend four days learning to whitewater kayak safely and competently on Idaho's Salmon River. American Canoe Association certified White Water Instructor and Swift Boat Technician, Elliot Jacobs, and the staff at White Otter Outfitters lead this exciting trip. We'll meet at 8 a.m. on the first day of camp at Community School in Sun Valley and then drive north to White Otter Headquarters in Sunbeam, Idaho, on the Salmon River. We'll spend the next four days and three nights learning the skill and art of whitewater kayaking. The class will camp together at Sunbeam. We will return to the Community School by 6pm on the last day of Camp. No experience necessary. Enrollment limited to 12 in each camp.
- Dates: Ages 15-18, Wednesday-Saturday, July 18-21
- Dates: Ages 12-14, Monday-Thursday, July 23-26 (This camp is full, wait list only)
- $550 (includes all boating equipment, food, transportation, instruction and supervision)
- $500 (if you provide your own boating equipment)
- 5B Lacrosse Camp for Boys and Girls
- 5B Middle School Volleyball Camp
- one.Soccer School
- nito Soccer Academy
Learn the game of lacrosse at Community School's remarkable Dumke Family Sagewillow Campus fields with Wood River Warrior Head Coach Aaron Prazenka and his staff, Meghan Gunn and former Warrior Varsity standout Evan Telford. Whether you are new to the game or building on years of experience and looking to push it to the next level, this camp will provide both the fun and the individualized instruction you would expect from the fastest game on two feet. Players provide their own equipment: Boys - stick, gloves, helmet, mouthpiece, elbow and shoulder pads, and cleats - Girls - stick, mouthpiece, protective eyewear, and cleats. Gloves and headgear are optional for girls. Bring snacks for break time each day. Open to boys and girls entering grades 6 through 10. Enrollment limited to the first 20 registered.
- Head Coach: Aaron Prazenka, Wood River Warriors Head Coach
- Assistant Coaches: Meghan Gunn, Evan Telford
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to Noon
- June 25-28 and July 9-12
- $165 per week
This camp is open to any incoming sixth through eighth grade girls who are looking for an opportunity to experience the fun of volleyball and learn new skills. First time players are welcome as well. Campers will receive skill instruction in passing, setting, hitting, serving, blocking, and defense under the direction of Community School Head Middle School Coach Cara Frost. Players will be grouped according to age and skill level with the goal of meeting the needs of each individual player. Each camper will be taught the fundamental skills in a safe and fun environment. This is a challenging camp that is great for beginners or players who are looking to get ready for the upcoming middle school volleyball season! (Waiting list begins after the first 15 campers have registered.)
- Head Coach: Cara Frost, BA, University of Arizona
- Assistant Coach: Dana Covington, BA, UCLA; MEd, University of Colorado-Boulder
- Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Dates: July 16-19
Open to boys and girls ages 3-18. Camp times and pricing varies depending on age group and camp selection. This soccer clinic, we work on ball mastery, SAQ (speed, agility, quickness) Going 2 Goal, Dribbling (1v1) and Small Side Games. Each day will be a progression from the day before. Our approach is an "attention to detail" and "fail your way to success" mentality. Each player will be challenged and have FUN! We give each camper a full pro uniform kit, match quality ball and backpack plus hours of professional instruction. Bring a water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, indoor trainers and cleats and a hat, if needed, to protect from the sun. To register for the camp, click here.
- Instructors: one.Soccer School professional staff
- July 23 - 27, ages 3-18, Monday-Friday. Check our website for times.
- Jul 23 - 27, High School preseason program, ages 13-18,Monday-Friday, 4:00-7:30 p.m.
- Check their website for pricing, click here.
nito Soccer Academy (boys & girls - ages 6 to 17)
The nito soccer curriculum is carefully and specifically designed to emphasize, teach and improve these crucial facets of the game of soccer: footwork, ball control, speed, agility, technique, shooting and tactics. The game of soccer is fundamentally about a player’s ability to control the soccer ball under pressure in a competitive environment. To be effective and efficient in obtaining maximum success in the challenging situations of the game, players needs to improve these skills. Join us for one or both of these camps and take you game to the next level. To register for the camp, click here.
- Instructors: NITO Soccer Academy professional staff
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am-noon for ages 6-9
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am-3:30 for ages 10-17
- July 9-13 and July 16-20
- Pricing varies depending on age group. Check their website.