Outdoor Program Boarding
If your passion is the outdoors, living and learning at Sun VAlley Community School in Sun Valley, Idaho is your dream.
Our school welcomes boarding students from across the country and around the world, many drawn to our idyllic mountain-town location and the endless opportunities to explore the outdoors through our renowned Outdoor Program.
CONSIDER Rufus M. Brown HALL YOUR BASE CAMP.
As a boarding student at Sun Valley Community School, you will:
- Choose to wake up to views of five mountain ranges that surround the towns of Ketchum and Sun Valley, Idaho;
- Live within minutes of extensive and world-class mountain biking, hiking, and skiing trails;
- Take classes on an academic campus that borders a trout stream and sits at the base of Dollar Mountain, one of two local ski hills;
- Live in a dorm that includes: a fully-equipped gym, the Athletes’ Training Center, which was modeled on the USSA Center for Excellence in Park City, Utah; a ski tuning room; plenty of storage for all your toys, including bikes, skis, and kayaks;
- Be inspired by a community of fellow students, faculty, and Outdoor Program Staff who are as much in love with the outdoors as you are.
The access we have to outdoor opportunities at Sun Valley Community School is pretty amazing. Even beyond the Outdoor Program, we go on outdoor adventures with our teachers and our friends just for fun.