The Community School Read-a-Thon begins Monday, January 29 and runs for two full weeks, ending on Sunday, February 11!
Students in grades K-5 will receive their pamphlets (which include dates, rules, reading log, pledge and award information), and their pledge envelopes in their classrooms. Many events are planned throughout the Read-a-thon to support students' reading efforts, including: special guest readers, including "Famous Cutthroats" and "local celebs," field trips to the Community Library, and an optional lunchtime Book Club with Janet.
- Monday, January 29: The Read-a-Thon begins!
- Wednesday, January 31: "Bring a Book to Share" book chat for any and all parents (ECC-12) at 8:05 a.m. in the ES Community Room
- Monday, February 5: Turn in minutes from week one
- Monday, February 12: Turn in minutes from week two and total minutes, Reading Signature Log with their signature that affirms the accuracy of their log.
- Wednesday, February 14: "I Love Reading" celebratory breakfast for lunch for Elementary School students to mark the end of the Read-a-Thon.
- Sunday, February 11: The Read-a-Thon officially ends.
- Friday, February 23: The awards ceremony will be held during Community Meeting.
A Few Notes:
- Encourage your children to reach out to relatives, family friends, coaches, doctors, and others to ask for pledges to sponsor their reading. Click bit.ly/CSRAT18 to make donations online.
- The only "reading" that does not count is listening to audio books without following along with the text, or any reading before the official start date or after the official end date.
- If your child happens to lose their reading log, a pamphlet can be downloaded and printed from here.