Through explorations of movement, improvisation, and collaboration, students will discover the unique voice that lives in each of them. As they progress, students will apply their new skills to text ranging from classical to contemporary. Additionally, classes will focus on inhabiting a neutral body and an imaginary body, voice and speech, emotional recall, and psychophysical gesture.
- Minimum of two terms of Theatre History and/or Technical Theatre
- Minimum of one term in music and dance
- Development of portfolio/ book/ reel to include classical and contemporary monologues and devised materials, as well as song rep to include comedic, classical, pop rock, contemporary, and character
- Maintenance of “book/ reel” throughout participation in program
- Final presentation/ showcase of work during senior year, either as part of Creative Arts Week or at local venue (CoF, The Spot, NexStage, Sun Valley Film Festival)
- Participation in fall musical and winter play (all four years)
Because of our size, one might not expect this huge amount of opportunity and activity at Community School, but our school is small but mighty. Our community is made up of adventurous, compassionate, diverse, unique individuals who are eager to accept newcomers and are always welcoming.Anik '18