In the Music discipline, students will develop technique and facility on their instrument or voice as well as proficiency in reading, rhythm and various aspects of musicality. Students will gain experience working within an ensemble and performing. By the beginning of their Senior year, students on this track should be competitive for entrance into college level music programs.
- Minimum of one term of Music History or Appreciation
- Minimum of one term of Music Theory & Beginning Keyboard
- Minimum of two years of performance based classes within a specific discipline
- Regular private instruction outside of school with a teacher within their discipline
- Community participation in the performing arts with groups such as Wood River
- Orchestra, Caritas Chorale, St. Thomas Playhouse, or any other approved performance groups. (Minimum of one performance per year)
- Final presentation/ showcase of work during Senior year, either as part of Creative Arts Week or at local venue
Music is one of the most important things in my life, and I have been able to engage in the arts curriculum offerings at Sun Valley Community School through offered courses and independent studies.