Embark on a Journey of Discovery
A Sun Valley Community School elementary education is a child-led journey of discovery, fueled by the passion of a dedicated faculty on a campus and in a natural setting ripe for exploration.
At Sun Valley Community School, Elementary School students:
- Explore and discover personal interests;
- Share their passions with their community;
- Learn to collaborate through meaningful, experiential learning opportunities;
- Embrace personal responsibility;
- Meet challenge with perseverance and optimism;
- Connect meaningfully with their teachers;
- Thrive in an environment of trust and inclusivity.
When I was a student at Sun Valley Community School, I had teachers who encouraged me, challenged me, and believed in me. Now, as a parent, I get to watch my own children build similar relationships with their teachers. It's these relationships that really make our school such a special place.
Tricia St. George '95, Current Parent and Elementary School Faculty
The perspective and connection offered by our pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade campus differentiates Sun Valley Community School.
As students engage in daily life on our Trail Creek Campus, they interact formally and informally with other students and with faculty across divisions, transcending classroom boundaries and building important relationships. The result is a connected community that honors each individual voice and recognizes the power and pride of shared experience.