Working at Sun Valley Community School
From our campus to the wilderness, we inspire students to think
critically, engage confidently, embrace challenges, and
lead impactful, purposeful lives.
As educators and staff who choose to work at Sun Valley Community School in Sun Valley, Idaho, we are a committed and inspired community of professionals who love what we do and where we live.
As we contribute to learning and life at a pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade college preparatory school in a unique, mountain-town community we:
- Engage our students in the classroom and across our Western landscape through inquiry-based academic and outdoor programming;
- Prioritize process over product and share our love for learning with our students;
- Support students wherever they pursue their passions, whether on campus, on our athletic fields, on the ski hill or trails, or on the stage;
- Seek professional development opportunities in our backyard and in the wider world and share our insights and experiences with our school community;
- Take advantage of our stunning setting to spend time outdoors, exploring surrounding wilderness and connecting with colleagues, family, and friends.
- About Sun Valley Community School
- Sun Valley Community School Mission
- Non-Discrimination and Diversity Statements
Our philosophy? Build community. Take risks. Grow your curiosities. Pursue your passions. Aim for personal bests. We are a preK-12 day and boarding college prep school of 395 students set in the iconic mountain resort town of Sun Valley, Idaho. Our faculty and staff are passionate about the outdoors, the arts, innovation, athletics, adventure, and the work they do with students. They are engaged and encouraging and believe in our student-centered approach.
Our students are open to new experiences, take advantage of the natural environment, thrive in a small-town community but have a solid sense of the broader world. A Sun Valley Community School experience balances intellectual inquiry with adventure. We ask students and faculty alike to push comfort zones and seek understanding. We value inclusivity, authenticity, and critical thinking.
To best prepare our students for a world that is increasingly interconnected and global in nature, Sun Valley Community School works to create an inclusive and welcoming culture. The School believes there is tremendous value in having a diverse community of students, parents, board directors, faculty and staff, valuing and celebrating each individual across a spectrum of age, ethnicity, family structure, gender identity, learning style, physical ability, political perspective, privilege, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
We recognize the need for ongoing education, dialogue and engagement around cultural competency and social justice, and we are committed to doing this work. The School expects every member of its community to support this work as an extension of the School’s mission and guiding principles.
Sun Valley Community School is an equal opportunity employer. The school encourages, seeks, and will employ applicants the school deems qualified for the position sought, regardless of age, ethnic background, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, or physical ability, with reasonable accommodation to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.