Sun Valley Community School at a Glance
HEAD OF SCHOOL
Pre-kindergarten through twelve
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS)
From our campus to the wilderness, our mission is to inspire students to think critically, engage confidently, embrace challenges, and lead impactful, purposeful lives.
- Three campuses totaling 44 acres in the towns of Sun Valley and Ketchum, Idaho
- Sun Valley Community School’s main academic campus is located at One Community School Drive in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Sports and Outdoor Program facilities are located at the Dumke Family Sagewillow Campus at 1 Arrowleaf Road, Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Our boarding program and campus hub are located at Rufus M. Brown Hall, at 280 Northwood Way, Ketchum, Idaho.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Total student enrollment 2017-18: 390
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 6:1
- Faculty holding advanced degrees: 20
- Tuition 2017-18
- Tuition Assistance: 37%
- Countries represented in our boarding program since its inception: 11
- 100% parent and faculty participation in the Annual Fund
- 100 percent of Sun Valley Community School students who apply are accepted for admission to college.
- 80 percent of Sun Valley Community School students who apply are accepted into their first or second choice college.
- 79 percent of Upper School students participate in competitive athletics, including: boys' and girls' soccer, girls' volleyball, cross-country running, basketball, golf, track and field, and tennis.
- Individual students participate in figure skating, hockey, lacrosse, mountain biking, equestrian events, and more.
- 40 percent of Upper School students compete as skiers or snowboarders.