As we near the holiday season, families will have the opportunity to participate in several school-sponsored giving drives to support local nonprofit efforts. Please review the information below to learn more about how your family can be involved.
This year, from November 6-17, Community School will be collecting new and gently used books and new toys to contribute to the Sun Valley Realtors' Holiday Basket campaign. These gift baskets are available to all families in need that reside in Blaine County. Last year this effort provided for over 350 families and over 800 children. Please consider scanning your book shelves and/or purchasing new books and toys to contribute to this impactful drive!
- What: Sun Valley Realtors' Holiday Baskets
- When: Donations will be accepted November 6-17; a large box will be placed in the foyer of the ES, MS, and US to collect contributions.
- Suggested donations:
- Elementary School: New toys (soccer balls, barbies, Legos, board games) and new or gently used books
- Middle and Upper School: New or gently used books.
- If you'd like to volunteer your time toward this effort, see opportunities at the this link.
- For more information feel free to call Missi Griffin 310.570.7617.
In addition to the holiday basket drive, in early December, Middle and Upper School advisories will have the opportunity to sign up to donate gifts to the Advocates Giving Tree campaign, which collects gifts for Valley families. US and MS advisories will choose gifts from the tree to purchase; families are welcome to choose to donate gifts as well. For questions about the Giving Tree, please contact Naomi Goldberg, Middle School Community Service Coordinator.